With this handheld microphone XLR interface for iOS device
Turn your Apple iPhone into a real, and very professional, digital recorder for all your interviews with a XLR handle microphone !!!
It was the missing accessory in your bag.
No need to take with you all your heavy equipment, just your iPhone, this i-XLR kit and your XLR microphone (the microphone Røde Reporter is of course the most suitable for this!)
A headphone minijack plug present on the device body allows you to hear the live sound recorded on your iPhone (with the free application provided by Røde, link below).
Of course, you should keep in mind that this is your phone battery that will ensure that the microphone is powered, unless it this one is self-powered (the i-XLR is not a 48V Phantom Power), even if the energy consumption remains small, it exists nonetheless.
With an adapter like the Røde VXLR, you can even connect a Røde lavalier microphone or any other compatible device!
For those who do not have a specific Lavalier microphone for the iPhone, as the Røde SmartLav+ or the Røde VideoMic Me!
We can read or there
The i-XLR is a broadcast quality XLR to Lightning interface for iOS devices, that allows reporters, correspondents and audio professionals to quickly and easily capture professional interview dialogue to a smartphone or tablet.
A generous three meter shielded cable allows the operator to store the phone in a pocket or bag, and a headphone output with adjustable level on the body makes it easy to monitor your audio during an interview.
- High quality digital interface for XLR microphones
- 3m shielded Lightning cable
- 3.5mm headphone jack with variable level
- Record status LED on device
- Compatible with all dynamic and self-powered microphones
- App iOS® RØDE Reporter can be downloaded here http://en.rode.com/software/reporter_app
- Input Connection : XLR
- Output Connection : Apple Lightning connector
- Power Requirements : Powered from device
- Dimensions : 33mm W x 38mm D x 80mm H
- Weight : 125g