With qualities inversely proportional to its small size, this directional microphone
will upset many preconceptions!
Mounted on its little Rycote suspension, protected from all unwanted vibrations, it can fit all standard accessory shoes. The support is itself threaded to be mounted on every male screw at the end of a microphone boompole for example!
Its small size allows it to be taken easily. To be installed faster.
Cardioid, it will capture the sounds and your interviewee answers, stories of the guide during a group visit, the songs of the singer without the choirs of your neighbors, the voice of the speaker without public comments, yes, all opportunities are good to use this microphone.
This microphone is supplied with a connection cable 3.5mm minijack Røde SC2 and a windscreen Røde WS9.
Increase the duration of the warranty to 2 years (!) by registering your product here
2 years, this is not insignificant! ^_^
We can read here or there
The VideoMicro is a compact microphone designed to improve the audio quality of your videos. It incorporates a high-quality cardioid condenser microphone capsule for great quality audio recordings when used with a wide range of cameras.
A directional microphone, the VideoMicro reduces distracting peripheral sounds and focusses on the audio in front of the camera. Its pickup is more forgiving than RØDE’s other on-camera microphones providing a more natural sound when recording indoors. Perfect for capturing incredible audio to accompany inspiring vision.
The microphone body is made from aluminum, giving it a high level of RF rejection, and is finished in RØDE’s high-grade ceramic anti-glare black coating. Included with the VideoMicro is a camera shoe mount featuring a Rycote Lyre shock mount. Featuring a suspension structure composed of a hard-wearing thermoplastic, it is far more effective at minimising unwanted vibrations, handling and cable-borne noise than traditional elastic suspensions. Virtually indestructible, the Rycote Lyre will never sag, snap, wear out or require rethreading to maintain its effectiveness.
Also included is the WS9 synthetic furry wind shield with foam inner cell, designed for use in outdoor scenarios where wind and environmental noise can inhibit recordings.
Optionally available is the RØDE SC7, a TRS to TRRS cable that allows the VideoMicro to be used with smartphones, to capture crystal clear, directional sound for video and video applications such as Periscope.
- Compact size and lightweight - only 80mm (3’) long and 42gm (1.5oz)
- All-metal microphone body
- No battery required (powered by camera plug-in power - min 3V)
- Rycote® Lyre® shock mount included
- Deluxe furry windshield included
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- Two year extended warranty when you register your microphone (link above)
- Acoustic Principle : Pressure Gradient
- Directional Pattern : Cardioid
- Frequency Range : 100Hz ~ 20kHz
- Signal/Noise : 75db SPL
- Equivalent Noise : 20dB
- Maximum SPL : 140dB (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1kΩ load)
- Sensitivity : -33 dB re 1V/Pa (22mV @ 94dB SPL) ± 2dB @ 1KHz
- Dynamic Range : 120dB (as per IEC651)
- Power Requirement : Plug-in power required (3V-12V DC)
- Output Connection : 3.5mm stereo mini-jack TRS
- Dimensions : 80mm x 21mm
- Net Weight : 42g (1.5oz)