Contrary to what its name indicates, this cardioid microphone
Røde Stereo VideoMic X
can be used for all kinds of shooting! :)
It is not only technologically advanced, but its sound recording quality is outstanding!
All of coated metal, it is particularly resistant, it comes with its essential windscreen, you can take it anywhere.
It comes with anti-pop windscreen too!
It consists of two caps (microphones) each suspended with a Rycote suspension, it can be powered by the camera, or by a 9V battery (30 hours of battery life), you can set different sound levels and accentuate others, lightweight with only 300g, no, really, it is the microphone that will allow rendering of your creations the closest to what you want to make earing in your films.
Increase the duration of the warranty to 10 years (!) by registering your product here
http://en.rode.com/warranty/step1/stereovideomicx10 years, this is not insignifiant! ^_^
We can read here or there
The Stereo VideoMic X is the ultimate broadcast-grade stereo microphone for on-camera use. Utilising all-metal construction, it is incredibly robust making it ideal for regular professional use, while also providing high levels of resistance to RF interference.
The mic features a matched pair of ½” true-condenser capsules, configured in a stacked X-Y configuration, providing a highly-immersive soundscape. Each capsule is supported by the Rycote® Lyre® shock-mounting system, providing isolation from vibration as well as knocks and bumps.
Digital switching on the rear of the SVMX allows the user to control the level adjustment (-10dB or +20dB), high-pass filter (0/75/150Hz) and an innovative high-frequency boost (+6dB @ XHz) designed to boost the intelligibility of dialogue. In a first for the VideoMic range, professional-grade balanced outputs are available on the side of the body, in addition to the RF shielded 3.5mm stereo output cable. An outer dome structure provides physical protection for the sensitive capsules, while reducing wind noise in the same manner as RØDE’s RedDot-winning Blimp.
- Acoustically matched true condenser 1/2" capsules
- Rycote® Lyre onboard shock mounting
- Balanced professional XLR output
- Heavy-duty, lightweight aluminium construction
- High Pass Filter (0, 75H Hz, 150Hz)
- 9V or Phantom Power (P48 - via miniXLR)
- Level adjustment (-10dB, 0dB, +20dB)
- High Frequency Boost (+6dB)
- Broadcast recording quality
- Integrated shock mount provides isolation from handling and mechanical noise
- Integrated professional Mini-XLR balanced stereo output for professional camera use
- 3.5mm stereo minijack output
- LED power on/low battery indicator
- Integrated billeted metal camera shoe mount with 3/8” thread for easy boompole mounting
- Integrated digital switching with power On/Off delay
- Flexible and lightweight removable 3.5mm stereo cable (to minimise handling noise and ensure isolation)
- Premium pop shield and wind shield provided for protection in all situations.
- High-pass filter switch
The high-pass filter (HPF) is a low frequency cut-off setting, which you can use to reduce rumble and other low frequency noise picked up by the microphone while recording.
For instance, it may be helpful to engage the high-pass filter to cut out the sound of air conditioning, handling noise while adjusting focus settings and distant traffic audible in the background.
- Level control
The Stereo VideoMic X features three settings to control the signal output level to your recording device. These are set via the lowest selector button on the back of the microphone.
- High frequency boost control
The Stereo VideoMic X features a unique high frequency boost, which is designed to help pick out high frequency detail such as voices in a recording environment. The boost will also combat any high frequency loss experienced with the use of wind protection. The high frequency boost function is engaged via the top button on the back of the microphone body.
When engaged, the high frequency boost will apply a +6db shelf from 3kHz upwards, adding overall clarity to the recorded signal.
A premium pop shield and wind shield is provided with the Stereo VideoMic X for the ultimate in wind protection for all situations.
The pop shield is designed to protect the Stereo VideoMic X capsules from very light air movement such as a gentle breeze, and has been designed to be acoustically transparent, whilst still providing wind protection. It is also useful for protecting the microphone from the noise caused by fast camera movements, like tracking or dolly shots.
The wind shield is designed to protect the Stereo VideoMic X capsules from light breezes to heavy wind, and is recommended for use in all outdoor shooting situations, where wind gusts can often be unexpected and unpredictable. The wind shield is made
from a high quality synthetic fur mounted on a low-density foam, with a rubber lip that provides a tight seal around the microphone body. Although the wind shield is designed to be as acoustically transparent as possible, we recommend engaging the high frequency boost feature on the Stereo VideoMic X to combat the slight loss of high frequency detail experienced when covering any microphone capsule.
- Acoustic Principle : Pressure Gradient
- Sensitivity : -32dB re 1V/Pa (25mV @ 94dB SPL) ± 2dB @ 1kHz
- Polar Pattern : Cardioid
- Dynamic Range : 131dB SPL
- Frequency Range : 40Hz ~ 20kHz
- Power requirements : 9V alkaline battery
- Frequency Range (High Pass Filter) : 0Hz, 75Hz, 150Hz
- Variable Level : -10dB, 0dB, +20dB
- Output Impedence : 200Ω
- Output Connection : 3.5 Stereo mini jack plug (dual mono), Tip – left channel, Ring – right channel, Dual Mini XLR output (P48 compatible)
- Battery Life : 30 hours
- Signal to Noise Ratio : 82dBA SPL (as per IEC651)
- Weight (No Battery) : 300g
- Equivalent Noise : 12dBA SPL (as per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL : 143dB SPL
- Dimension (W x L x H) : 102mm x 118mm x 100mm
In the Box
- Microphone Stereo VideoMic X
- Røde SC2 TRS cable
- pop shield
- wind shield