For sure, it does not stand alone without a base support or a stand, but, nevertheless, this XLR microphone
will dazzle you with its brilliant and stable sound quality!
Grabbing your senses, it will give clarity to your voice, limpidity to your purposes, professionalism and warmth to your comments.
All this, with simplicity and freshness.
The Procaster is the perfect microphone for podcasts, vodcasts, YouTube videos and voice recognition software!
Do not confound this XLR Procast microphone with the USB Røde Podcast mic, wich do not have the same technical features.
Increase the duration of the warranty to 10 years (!) by registering your product here
10 years, this is not insignificant! ^_^
This microphone is sold without any cable or support, depending of your needings, you will then have to look at the reference Røde DS1, for a stand support for table, or a flexible support, like the Røde PSA1 to fix on your desk.
A professional support like the Røde PSM1 is a real advantage!
For the XLR cables, you can find a lot of references here ! :)
We can read here or there...
The RØDE Procaster is a professional broadcast quality dynamic microphone, specifically designed to offer no-compromise performance for voice applications in the broadcast environment.
Featuring a tight polar pattern and tailored-for-voice frequency response, the Procaster is perfect for every application where a great sounding, robust microphone with superior ambient noise rejection is demanded.
The Procaster features an internal pop filter, designed to minimise plosives sounds that can overload the microphone capsule and distort the audio output.
Its high output dynamic capsule and balanced low impedance output make it an ideal broadcast and voice over microphone.
The RØDE Procaster microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
The Procaster includes a sturdy RM2 microphone ring mount. For professional applications the optional PSM1 shock mount and PSA1 boom arm are highly recommended.
- Broadcast quality sound
- High output dynamic capsule
- Balanced, low impedance output
- Internal shock mounting of capsule for low handling noise
- Internal pop-filter to reduce plosives
- Robust, all-metal construction
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone (link above)
- Acoustic Principle : Dynamic
- Directional Pattern : Cardioid
- Frequency Range : 75Hz ~ 18,000Hz
- Sensitivity : -56dB ±2dB re 1V/Pa @ 1kHz (1.6mV/Pa @ 94dB SPL)
- Output Impedence : 320Ω
- Dimensions : Length - 214mm (8.425”) ; Diameter - 53mm (2.086”)
- Output Connection : 3-pin XLR, balanced output between Pin 2 (+), Pin 3 (-) and Pin 1 (ground)
- Net Weight : 695g (1.53lbs)
- Procaster (1)
- Fixation Røde RM2 (1)
- Røde PZ1 bag (1)