Røde VideoMic Rycote
is a well known reference today!
Present on the market for many years, it is now on a market still watched by many professionals or advertised amateurs, always looking for a bargain!
And this supercardioid microphone with an affordable price for such results is one!
Mounted on a Rycote Lyre suspension, it will efficiently eliminate sounds from the sides and from behind to focus on the subject being recorded front of you.
In case of more difficult conditions, it will fit more easily through its high pass filter (that is to say it will eliminate all noise below a certain threshold) and its level attenuation (to reduce the sound recorded).
Ideal for finally hear words and ideas without background noises, with clear sound and concise terms.
All this with an extended warranty, a great autonomy and big quality services, of Røde, and mine, of course!
With a standard shoe*** for an easy mounting on the accessory shoe of your DSLR camera or camcorder, or any compatible support. It is itself threaded to be mounted on every male screw at the end of a long boompole microphone, for example! :)
***: A standard that would require an adapter on Sony devices, its standard being rather kind proprietary format! :) Depending on the model of you Sony camera or camcorder.
Increase the duration of the warranty to 10 years (!) by registering your product here
10 years, this is not insignificant! ^_^
We can read here or there
- Studio recording quality
- Condenser microphone
- Super-cardioid polar pattern
- 9V battery power
- Integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting
- Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
- Three step PAD (0, -10, -20dB)
- Rugged reinforced ABS construction
- Windshield included
- 3.5mm mini-jack output
- Integrated cold-shoe mount (3/8” thread)
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone (see above)
The RØDE VideoMic is a professional grade 1/2" condenser shotgun microphone designed for use with consumer video cameras and personal audio recorders.
The integrated Rycote® Lyre® based shock mounting system isolates the VideoMic capsule and electronics from its all-metal shoe mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre® provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
Its standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8" thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand.
By employing a super-cardioid polar pattern the VideoMic becomes highly directional, focusing on the subject in front of the camera, and minimising any surrounding sounds.
In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
A -10dB and -20dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motorsport.
The RØDE VideoMic directional on-camera microphone is designed in Australia and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Acoustic Principle : Line Gradient
- Directional Pattern : Super-Cardioid
- Frequency Range : 40Hz ~ 20,000Hz (selectable HPF@80Hz)
- Sensitivity : -38dB re 1V/Pa ± 2dB @ 1KHz
- Output Impedence : 200Ω - Phantom power
- Equivalent Noise : 20dBA SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum Output : +6.9dBu (@ 1% THD into 1kΩ)
- Dynamic Range : 114dB (as per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL : 134dB (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1kΩ load)
- Signal/Noise : 74db SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Power Req. : 9V alkaline battery (Current 5mA)
- Dimensions : 248mm x 80mm x 98mm
- Output Connection : 3.5mm stereo mini-jack
- Net Weight : 171g