Yes, the microphone
is what we can call a professional shotgun mic!
Not only because it is them who are using it, but because it answers perfectly their needings!
And when I say perfectly, the word is precisely choosen, because this microphone offer a really incredible recorded sound!
And this, whatever the recording conditions!
It is powered throught the XLR 3-Pin plug (P48) (cable not furnished)
XLR Cables in stock here
Increase the duration of the warranty to 10 years (!) by registering your product here
10 years, this is not insignifiant! ^_^
We can read here or there
The RØDE NTG3 super-cardioid shotgun microphone is designed for professional use on film, television, electronic news gathering and wherever high-resolution broadcast audio is required.
As RØDE's premier directional microphone the NTG3 exhibits superlative audio quality with a rich, warm quality and a full frequency response. Its RF bias technology makes it almost completely resistant to moisture, making it the only option when recording in demanding environments where condensation is an issue.
Machined from solid brass and available in either anti-glare, nickel-plated finish or matte black (NTG3B), the NTG3 is incredibly robust while remaining light weight.
Its precise yet forgiving polar pattern ensures that whether used on-camera or on a boom pole, the NTG3 will capture audio clearly every time.
A durable aluminum storage cylinder is supplied to provide the ultimate protection for the NTG3 while in storage and transport. Tightly sealed at both ends the cylinder is highly weatherproof, adding to the microphone's rugged performance credentials.
- Superior broadcast sound quality
- High Sensitivity
- Super-cardioid polar pattern
- Designed to withstand adverse environmental conditions
- 50% less self-noise than the majority of shotgun microphones
- Extremely low handling noise
- High level of immunity to radio frequency interference
- True Condenser (external RF biased)
- Includes durable aluminium storage cylinder for transport, pop filter, mic clip and large zip pouch
- Designed for professional use on film, television, ENG & wherever high resolution broadcast audio is required
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone (link above)
- Microphone NTG-3
- Padded zip pouch Røde ZIP2
- Foam wind shield WSNTG3
- Support for microphone Røde RM5
- Aluminium Storage Cylinder
- Acoustic Principle : Line Gradient
- Directional Pattern : Super-Cardioid
- Frequency Range : 40Hz ~ 20,000Hz
- Sensitivity : -30dB ±2dB re 1V/Pa @ 1kHz
- Nominal Impedence : 25Ω
- Equivalent Noise : 13dBA SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum Output : +8.2dBu (@ 1% THD into 1kΩ)
- Dynamic Range : 117dB (per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL : 130dB (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1kΩ load)
- Signal/Noise : 81dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Output Connection 3 pin XLR, balanced output between Pin 2 (+), Pin 3 (-) and Pin 1 (ground)
- Power Req. : 48V Phantom Power (44-52V min 5mA)
- Dimensions : Length - 255mm Diameter - 19mm
- Net Weight : 163g