Are you new to photo shooting? Are you still having troubles hangling lighting?
Well then the flash
Metz mecablitz M400
is meant for you!
This little object was designed to be easily handled even by beginners thanks to both a clean user interface and an automated system that deals with lighting efficiently with no effort.
Of course, this flash may interest you even if you're an advanced user who'd like to get some more shooting comfort.
We can read here or there
Perfectly equipped, attractively packaged.
The mecablitz M400 represents a new generation of compact flash systems. It is especially suited to mirrorless system cameras and is ideal for any photographers or film-makers looking for a convenient flash unit. The mecablitz M400 is also highly equipped and leaves nothing to be desired. The maximum guide number of 40 for ISO 100 is capable of handling almost all shooting situations. Versatile lighting options are provided by the motor zoom function (24-105 mm), the fully pivotable reflector with removable reflector card and the integrated wide-angle diffuser (12 mm). The M400 is also ideal for wireless operation, be it TTL or servo. As for usability, the M400 also sets new standards with its innovative OLED display and its impressively tidy, simplified user interface.
The AUTO TTL operating mode enables the camera to fully automatically control the flash unit (turning on and flashing) and ensures the subject of your picture is put in the best light possible – perfect to those new to flash. The mecablitz can be synchronised with the first or second shutter curtain (irrespective of camera model) and it supports high-speed sync (HSS or FP). The new design of the mecablitz M400 not only looks timeless – the flash unit is always kept up-to-date via a USB interface for receiving firmware updates.
- High max. guide number 40 (meters), High max. guide number 131 (feet) for ISO 100/21° and 105 mm
- Vertical (+90°) and horizontal (360°) swivel reflector
- OLED display
- Simple operating concept
- Motorised zoom for 24–105 mm illumination
- Integrated wide-angle diff user for 12 mm illumination
- Flip-out reflector card
- Integrated autofocus flash metering
- Flash readiness indicator and correct exposure display on unit and on camera
- flash range in OLED display
- Automatic unit shut-off
Standard flash modes
- TTL flash mode (digital only)
- Manual flash mode with 25 partial lighting levels
- Servo flash mode with learning function
- HSS – high speed synchronisation**
- 1st and 2nd shutter curtain synchronisation
- Manual flash exposure correction for TTL flash mode
- Automatic fill-in flash
- High performance LED
- 100 Lux / 1m
- 6 stage adjustable
Camera-specific system flash modes
- ADI flash mode / TTL pre-flash
- ADI remote mode
Ready for the Future
- Firmware update via integrated micro USB socket
- 4 x AA alkaline-magnesium or lithium batteries
- 4 × AA NiMH rechargeable batteries
Number of flashes (with full power)
- Use with alkaline batteries (1,5 V) : 340
- Use with NiMh batteries (1,2 V/2100 mAh) : 320
- Use with lithium batteries (AA, 1,5 V) : 600
Weights and measurements
- Weight without power sources in g (approx.) : 220g
- Measurements in mm approx. (L x H x D) : 65 x 92 x 87
included as standard
- M400 flash
- Slave stand