When my clients ask me which Sony microphone is best suited for sound recordings, the microphone
is a response that comes naturally.
Interviews, reports, filming, wedding videos, corporate parties or family meetings, this microphone really meets all the needs for distinct and precise sound captures!
Yes, for wider sound recording (scenes, groups, show), the microphone Sony ECM-XYST1M can be a better solution.
The supercardioid microphone ECM-CG60 is compatible with Sony Multi-Interface Shoe (MIS) and thanks to its provided adapter, with all standard shoes!
Enjoy the news, because it is rare that Sony gives an adaptor to another format than its one! ;)
This microphone is powered by AAA battery (prefer rechargeables) or self-powered by the 3.5mm mini-jack socket.
We can read here or there
High-performance, monaural microphone with supercardioid directivity improves targeting of sound. Suitably compact with interchangeable lens cameras. Uses various power sources for long outdoor shooting.
- High-performance, monaural microphone picks up targeted (not surrounding) sound.
- More compact and approx. 15% shorter than the current ECM-CG50 model.
- Included microphone holder absorbs zooming noise from the camera.
- 3.5 gold coating L-type stereo mini plug cable length Approx. 35 cm (13.78 in)
- Uses plug-in power or a single AAA alkaline battery.
Sharp directivity microphone with minimum sensitivity to ambient noise
The microphone’s sharp directivity enhances narrow range and middle distance recording when connected to your camera.
Powered by AAA alkaline dry battery or plug-in power
When using a camera compatible with plug-in power, you do not need to insert a battery in the microphone.
Shock mount microphone holder supplied
The supplied microphone holder that reduces the noise from the vibration when you attach the microphone to the camera.
- Type : Electret condenser microphone
- Power supply : Powered by AAA alkaline dry battery or plug- in power
- Recommended battery : Size AAA alkaline dry battery (sold separately)
- Power supply voltage : DC 1.5V
- Power consumption : Approx. 0.5 mW
- Output jack : ø 3.5 gold coating L type stereo mini plug cable length Approx. 35 cm (13 7/8 in.)
- Switch : Power OFF / NORM (Normal) / LOW CUT (Low-cut)
- Continuous operating time : 400 hours or more (Using at 25 °C (77 °F))
- Dimensions (Approx.) : ø 21 mm × 217 mm (ø 27/32 in. × 8 5/8 in.) (excluding cord)
- Mass : Approx. 77g (2.7oz.) (excluding battery)
- Directivity : Sharp directivity
- Frequency response : 40 Hz ~ 20 kHz
- Sensitivity : -48dB/Pa ±4dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio : 18dBspl (Average)
- Maximum input sound pressure level : 100dBspl or more
- Dynamic range : 80dB or more
- Operating temperature : 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Storage temperature : -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F)
- Shotgun microphone (1)
- Wind screen (1)
- Shock Mount Microphone Holder (1)
- Microphone spacer (1)
- Set of printed documentation