This super-cardioid microphone
has an advantage over the others, it is that it can also be powered by 1.5V AA batteries, making it fully compatible with any cameras and camcorders!
Record sound with a professional quality, a clear and clean sound, without any surrounding noisy sounds thanks to its precise directivity!
Its output 3-pin XLR allows a secure connection preserving the quality of the recording, while enabling a connection directly on a minijack compatible device is possible with as Kopul LMT100 adaptor, on sale here, of course! ^_^
Increase the duration of the warranty to 10 years (!) by registering your product here
10 years, this is not insignificant! ^_^
For outdoor recordings, buying a windscreen Røde DeadCat or Røde WS6 could be an interesting option to take!
We can read here or there
The RØDE NTG2 is a lightweight condenser shotgun microphone, designed for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries.
Its full frequency response, low noise and audio transparency make it an ideal film, video, and voice over microphone, while its low weight (161gm/5.7oz without battery) makes it an ideal boom microphone.
In addition to the native 20Hz-20kHz frequency response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
The NTG2 operates either from a AA (1.5V) battery or P48 phantom power which can be supplied by professional cameras, audio recorders and power supplies. The battery power option makes the NTG2 ideal for scenarios where the camera does not supply phantom power such as DSLR video.
The WSVM windshield is supplied to minimise light wind noise and plosives during recording. The optional 'DeadCat' furry is recommended for outdoor applications.
The RØDE NTG2 shotgun microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Broadcast sound quality
- Low noise circuitry
- Condenser transducer
- Rugged metal construction
- Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
- P48 phantom power or AA battery option
- Low handling noise
- Low weight - 161g (5.17 oz.)
- Includes mic clip Røde RM5, wind shield Røde WSVM and zip case Røde ZP1
- Ideal for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries
- 10 year extended warranty when you register online at www.rodemic.com/warranty
- Acoustic Principle : Line Gradient
- Directional Pattern : Super-Cardioid
- Frequency Range : 20Hz - 20kHz (selectable HPF@80Hz)
- Sensitivity : -36dB ±2dB re 1V/Pa @ 1kHz
- Nominal Impedence : 250Ω - phantom power 350Ω - battery power
- Equivalent Noise : 18dBA SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum Output : +6.9dBu (@ 1% THD into 1kΩ)
- Dynamic Range : 113dB (per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL : 131dB (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1kΩ load)
- Signal/Noise : 76db
- Power Req. : 48V Phantom Power or 1.5 AA battery
- Dimensions :Length - 280mm Diameter - 22mm
- Output Connection : 3 pin XLR, balanced output between Pin 2 (+), Pin 3 (-) and Pin 1 (ground)
- Net Weight : 161g (5.7oz)