It does not have the integrated battery of the NTG4+, but this new super-cardioid
with its new capsule Røde is a real professional sound assistance for your recordings!
And, by the way, it is the same microphone as the NTG4+, without its battery, with a cheaper price too! ;)
It can also be powered by the XLR (P12, P24 & P48) (cable not included)
XLR cables in stock here
Increase the duration of the warranty to 10 years (!) by registering your product here
10 years, this is not insignifiant! ^_^
We can read here or there
Building on the popularity and acceptance of the RØDE NTG1, the NTG4 features an all-new condenser capsule with low noise, high sensitivity and the convenience of on-board equalisation/level control via digital switching.
The RØDE NTG4 is a highly directional shotgun microphone featuring a supercardioid polar pattern, and will therefore capture more audio from sound sources directly in front of the microphone (on-axis) and less of the surrounding environment (off-axis). This makes the NTG4 a great boom microphone for dialogue on location shoots.
For best results, position your microphone as close as possible to your sound source, whilst staying out of your camera’s shot. A boom pole will assist in mic positioning on location, and always use wind protection, when shooting out- doors.
The on-board PAD switch will help reduce the microphone sensitivity when recording very loud sound sources. The High Pass Filter will reduce undesirable low frequency sounds like traffic, footsteps or air conditioning.
Intuitive Digital Switching
Control the in-built high-pass filter, pad and high frequency boost using convenient digital switching on the microphone body. Persistent states ensure your settings are retained when the microphone is switched off.
The NTG4 & NTG4+ both feature an all-new condenser capsule from RØDE with low noise floor, higher sensitivity and a rich, smooth character.
- High Boost: Press the High Boost button to acti- vate the +6db high frequency boost.
- High Pass Filter: Press the High Pass Filter but- ton roll off frequencies below 75Hz.
- PAD: Press the PAD button to activate the -10dB PAD
- Broadcast sound quality
- Low noise circuitry
- Rugged metal construction
- Convenient digital switching
- High Frequency Boost
- High Pass Filter (Flat/75Hz)
- PAD (-10db)
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
The RØDE NTG4+ can be powered via
- P12, P24 or P48 phantom power, to be supplied by your camera or recording device.
- Acoustic Principle : Line Gradient
- Directional Pattern : Super-Cardioid
- Frequency Range : 20Hz ~ 20,000Hz (selectable HPF @ 75Hz)
- Sensitivity : -32dB re 1V/Pa (25mV @ 94db SPL) ±2dB @ 1kHz.
- Output Impedance : 200Ω
- Equivalent Noise : 16dBA SPL (per IEC651)
- Maximum Output : 7dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1kΩ)
- Dynamic Range : 119dB (per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL : 135dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio : 78dB SPL (per IEC651)
- Power Req. : 48V, 24V, 12V Phantom Power (4.5mA current draw)
- Output Connection : 3 pin XLR, balanced output between Pin 2 (+), Pin 3 (-) and Pin 1 (ground)
- Dimensions 22 x 225mm
- Net Weight 126g
- NTG4 microphone
- Fixation support Røde RM5
- Foam windshield
- Røde ZP1 pouch